Trusted Servant Training
The Sponsor Coordinator maintains the Directory of Online Sponsors and Temporary Sponsors for those in the Recovery loops. Following is the job description for the Sponsor Coordinator:
- Maintain the Directory of Online Sponsors and Temporary Sponsors and post this to all loops on a monthly basis.
- Maintain the Sponsor Biography Directory and post this to the Sponsors and Recovery loop on a weekly basis.
- Share the Sponsor Directory privately with individual's who request it.
- Share the Sponsors Biography Directory privately with individuals who are members of Recovery Group Loops.
- Post to all loops requesting new sponsors, and sharing on the topic of Sponsoring and Recovery.
- Coordinate the Sponsors and Recovery loop.
- Provide monthly report to the Trusted Servant loop.
The Loop Coordinator is very much like a parent, a mother hen, a party host or a teacher. The Coordinator is the Trusted Servant who works with all the Trusted Servants of his/her loop and sees that service positions that need filling within a loop are filled. The Coordinators welcome you when you join us and say goodbye when you leave. They are there to answer your questions, to help you adjust to your new recovery home and to work with the administrators to keep the loops humming. They sometimes introduce topics and remind you of things that you need to be reminded of. They share their ESH with you often and are there when you need them. Our Trusted Servants, according to the Traditions of The Recovery Group, rotate their service once each year. And each of them serve on a committee in this community of loops with their base being the Recovery-Intergroup, a list where we do loop business so that the loop itself is free for your experience, strength and hope.
The duties of the Loop Coordinator include:
- Welcoming each new member with a short note.
- Saying good-bye to each new member with a short note.
- Reading the loop shares daily and making sure the loop stays healthy and peaceful.
- Writing the loop regularly.
- Making sure that there are enough Trusted Servants and that the Trusted Servant is doing his/her job.
The following are Trusted Servant jobs within the loop structure:
The Loop Coordinator sends a report once a month of loop activity to TrustedServants@egroups.com.
- Assistant Coordinator or CoCoordinator
- Twelfth Step Within
Notification from eGroup Loops
When you are appointed as Coordinator for the Sponsors and Recovery loop, you will be appointed as a moderator. Once this is done, you can automatically set eGroups to send you an automatic notice when a new member joins the loop or when a member leaves the loop. To turn the eGroups notification on:
- Log onto eGroups - http://www.egroups.com
- Click on the Sponsors and Recovery loop name;
- On the left hand side of the page, there is a menu, click on members.
- Click on your email address - this will bring up your member/moderator profile.
- Under Subscriber Settings, it has a section on notification - tick the "Notify moderator when a member joins/leaves this group."
- Down the bottom of the page, click on save changes.
When a new member joins, you will receive a notification email such as this:
This is an automated email message to let you know that "new members email address" joined the Sponsors and Recovery group.
Your group is currently configured to send you email notification whenever a new member joins. To turn off notification, visit http://www.egroups.com/subscribe/SponsorsAndRecovery.
Thank you for choosing eGroups as your email group service for the Sponsors And Recovery group.
eGroups Customer Support
Welcome Letter to the New Member
Once you receive the eGroups notification that a new member has subscribed, the Greeter should send a welcome letter to the new member as soon as possible. For details of the role of the Greeter and the welcome letters sent to new members, review the Loop Greeter training web page.
Farewell Letter to the Member
Once you receive the eGroups notification that a member has unsubscribed, the Twelfth Step Within Trusted Servant should email a farewell letter to the departing member as soon as possible. For details of the role of the Twelfth Step Within Trusted Servant and the farewell letters sent to departing members, review the Twelfth Step Within training web page.
On the first day of each month, the Coordinator should send a monthly report to TrustedServants@egroups.com. The monthly report should contain the following information:
Loop Name: Sponsors And Recovery
Number of Members:
Number of subscriptions:
Number of unsubscriptions:
Number of posts:
To collect the information for your monthly report, you can access the information as followed:To access the activity section of your eGroups loop:
- Number of Members ~ the number of members subscribed to your loop can be found on your loop main page, http://www.egroups.com/group/SponsorsAndRecovery.
- Number of Subscriptions ~ if your loop has a Greeter, they should send you a report on the number of new subscriptions for the month. The number of subscriptions can also be found in the activity section of your loop.
- Number of Unsubscriptions ~ if your loop has a Twelfth Step Within Trusted Servant, they should send you a report on the number of unsubscriptions for the month. The number of subscriptions can also be found in the activity section of your loop.
- Number of Posts ~ the number of messages sent to the loop in the month, can be found on your loop main page, http://www.egroups.com/group/SponsorsAndRecovery.
- Comments ~ add in any special issues or events that have occurred during the month.
- Log onto eGroups - http://www.egroups.com
- Click on the Sponsors And Recovery loop name.
- On the left hand side of the page, there is a menu, click on Activity.
- At the top right hand side, there is a range of options, click on subscriptions. This shows you the all the members who subscribed and unsubscribed from the website and the date they subscribed.
The Trusted Servant Loop
The Trusted Servant Loop is a business discussion list for the Trusted Servants of the Recovery Group. As Coordinator of the loop, part of the Trusted Servant position is to be involved in the group consciences and business discussions of the Recovery Group.
To join the Trusted Servants Loop, please send a blank email to TrustedServantsemail@example.com.
The Recovery Home
© Copyright 1999-2003 THE RECOVERY GROUP All rights reserved.