Trusted Servant Training
All Coordinators and/or Meeting Leaders of The Recovery Group shall :
- Be working and living a 12 Step program.
- Have been a member of TRG for a period of no less than 3 months.
- Read and commit to TRG's Guidelines and Traditions.
- Read and understand the Trusted Servants' Training and Sharing pages.
- Coordinators shall read their loops' mission statement and the Coordinators' Website.
- Mentor with an experienced Meeting Leader and/or Coordinator.
- Commit to serving until the end of the term, which currently is December 31 of each year.
- Leave their Trusted Servant position mid-term only in the event of an emergency.
- Have access to a personal computer.
- Be personally responsible for all services needed by their support group or delegate others. Commit to recruiting, training and supervising them. (Please ask Mtg. Adm. or TRGAdm. for a list of specific duties expected of our Meeting Leaders and Coordinators.)
- Please communicate with MTGAdm (Meeting Leaders) or TRGAdm (Coordinators) immediately when a member requires moderating. TRG Coordinators and Meeting Leaders shall be patient and correct people regarding inappropriate sharing privately and in kind, gentle and loving ways. In the event of blatant spam, porn or misconduct, Coordinators and Meeting Leaders should take immediate action. Meeting leaders shall remove such members from the meeting, while coordinators are to contact TRGAdm and report that a member needs moderated. Both Coordinators and Meeting Leaders shall send a detailed report to their respective administrators once the emergency has been attended to.
- Be an example for others by sharing personally in a 12 Step Way, not using inappropriate signatures on TRG communications, and, if at all possible, writing your members individually and privately as your time permits when you think a note would be appreciated.
The Trusted Servant Loop is a business discussion list for the Trusted Servants of the Recovery Group. As Coordinator of the loop, part of the Trusted Servant position is to be involved in the group consciences and business discussions of the Recovery Group.
To join the Trusted Servants Loop, please send a blank email to:
The Recovery Home