Trusted Servant Training
The Recovery Group Support Loop Coordinators are Administrators. They welcome you when you join us and say goodbye when you leave. They are there to answer your questions, to help you adjust to your new recovery home and to work with the administrators to keep the loops humming. They sometimes introduce topics and remind you of things that you need to be reminded of. Our coordinators understand your needs because they have their own home loops in which they share their experience, strength and hope at a deep level. Sometimes a loop may be languishing and needs a "shot in the arm." It may be that someone has written and some sort of response is needed which could lead to a topic or thread. When this is happening, we ask our Coordinators to share so that you can get a jump start with your own share and know how members of 12 Step Loops share with one another. By example, the Coordinator will tell you how things used to be, what happened and how life is now working the 12 Step recovery program.
Our Trusted Servants, according to the Traditions of The Recovery Group, serve one-year terms but are encouraged to renew their term for another year in December of each year. If there is just one coordinator, that coordinator should constantly be looking for a second coordinator.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF TRG'S COORDINATORS
*Coordinators of BB and WTS Study Groups have additional responsibilities.
- Two Coordinators per loop.
- Coordinators send personal welcome and farewell letters.
- Coordinators announce each new member to the loop members.
- Coordinators put their list on Search Engines monthly.
- Coordinators send monthly report to their Business List.
- Coordinators keep their loop members participating.
- Coordinators become members of T/S and Intergroup lists.
- Coordinators check the mail daily.
- Coordinators confer often with their Division Head or TRGAdm.
- Anything else that the Coordinator feels would make his/her list a better recovery home for the members.
*The responsibilities above have been timed and we find that they take very time if done daily and consistently.
Some loops are study loops with leaders each month. The Coordinator makes sure that those leaders are in place at the beginning of each year and reminds the leaders a week before he/she leads. The Coordinator announces the new leader and thanks the old leader.
The Recovery Loop Coordinators send a report once a month of loop activity to:
The ODAT and Discovery Loop Coordinators send a report once a month of loop activity to:
When you are appointed as Coordinator for your loop, you will be made a moderator for your loop by the Administrators. As such, you will receive notifications from L-Soft whenever anyone joins or leaves your loop..
When a new member joins a yahoogroups loop, you will receive a notification email such as this:
This is an automated email message to let you know that "new members email address" joined your "loop name" group.
Your group is currently configured to send you email notification whenever a new member joins. Thank you for choosing L-Soft Listserv as your email group service for the "loop name" group.
The Recovery Group Administrators
Once you receive the L-Soft notification that a new member has subscribed, the Greeter should send a welcome letter to the new member as soon as possible. For details of the role of the Greeter and the welcome letters sent to new members, review the Loop Greeter training web page.
Once you receive the L-Soft notification that a member has unsubscribed, the Twelfth Step Within Trusted Servant should email a farewell letter to the departing member as soon as possible. For details of the role of the Twelfth Step Within Trusted Servant and the farewell letters sent to departing members, review the Twelfth Step Within training web page.
On the first day of each month, the Coordinator should send a monthly report to:
TrustedServants@lists.therecoverygroup.org. The monthly report should contain the following information:
Loop Name: ie RECOVERY AND FUN
Coordinator ~ Joy ~ Wonder@happyday.com
Number of Members:
Number of subscriptions:
Number of unsubscriptions:
Number of posts and/or threads:
To collect the information for your monthly report, you can access the information as followed:
- Number of Members ~ the number of members subscribed to your loop can be found here: http://lists.therecoverygroup.org/
- Number of Subscriptions ~ if your loop has a Greeter, they should send you a report on the number of new subscriptions for the month. The number of subscriptions can also be found in the activity section of your loop.
- Number of Unsubscriptions ~ if your loop has a Twelfth Step Within Trusted Servant, they should send you a report on the number of unsubscriptions for the month. The number of subscriptions can also be found in the activity section of your loop.
- Number of Posts ~ the number of messages sent to the loop in the month, can be found on your loop;s main page on the L-Soft Interface at the address above.
- Comments ~ add in any special issues or events that have occurred during the month.
The Trusted Servant Loop is a business discussion list for the Trusted Servants of the Recovery Group. As Coordinator of the loop, part of the Trusted Servant position is to be involved in the group consciences and business discussions of the Recovery Group.
To join the Trusted Servants Loop, please send a blank email to:
The Recovery Home
Yahoogroups Help Center
Yahoogroups Help Center
Yahoogroups Help Center