Thanks for visiting our website. We hope you will come to see us often. Spending is a Special Focus Loop of the Recovery Group and our mission is to provide a safe and peaceful place for you to share your experience, strength and hope with one another in regarding to compulsive eating and spending.
To accomplish this very special mission purpose, we strive to provide a place to work our own recovery program and also to carry that message to others. We are here together to build one another up ... to accept each of us as we are ... to support each other ... and not to judge one another. We offer you safety and serenity.
Our loop is a place where 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, you will have a safe haven where you can interact with others who are struggling with compulsive eating and spending. We hope you will find it everything you need and want at this stage of your life.
Here are some questions you may want to ask yourself to determine if you could benefit by joining our loop.
1. Do you spend money you don't have?
2. Do you buy things on impulse?
3. Do you see any parallels between your compulsive eating and spending?
4. Do you frequently leave a balance on your credit card because you don't have enough to pay it in full?
5. Has the pressure of your debts ever caused you to overeat?
6. Do your debts make you feel "less than?"
7. Are your debts the cause of arguments with spouse or significant other?
8. Do you feel more "grown up" when you charge things rather than paying cash?
9. Do you ever borrow money from friends?
10. Do you feel that there will always be someone you can turn to if you get into financial difficulty?
11. Is it out of the ordinary for you to pay your bills in full each month?
12. Would you have difficulty in "making ends meet" if you threw away your credit card?
13. Do you often justify your spending by saying "it was on sale?"
© Copyright 2002 ~ 2003 THE RECOVERY GROUP All rights reserved
"Claire de Lune ~ Debussy"