TRG's Twelve Step Online Meetings
The Recovery Group's Meeting Protocol
Meetings Coordinator ~ Linda ~ email@example.com
Our meetings run more smoothly and everyone’s recovery is enhanced if we all know and follow a few simple guidelines and protocols. Some of the protocol suggestions below are for everyone; others just for meeting leaders.
- Please try to be on time for the meeting. If you must come late, please do not disrupt the meeting or other members by greeting or asking questions either openly or in private. The meeting leader will be posted on the banner of the meeting room.
- All of our 56 'Around the World Around the Clock' meetings honor the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions. Many of our meetings have a special focus, including Newcomers, 100Pounds, HOW, the WTS Step of the week and others.
- Private messages to other members during the meeting is distracting and discourteous to them. It keeps them, as well as you, from being fully present at the meeting. PMs should be used only in the event of an emergency.
- If a meeting leader misses a total of four meetings consecutively without contacting MtgAdm, we will consider them as having resigned and that meeting time will be assigned to another leader.
- Please do not wear your OPs Badge unless you are actively leading a meeting.
- In Newcomer's Meetings, there should only be one meeting leader with the newcomer attendees.
- The meeting begins with a welcome, announcement of the topic, a review of the meeting protocol, and a moment of silence.
- During the meeting, please refrain from crosstalk, advice giving, and feedback. We show respect for the person sharing by not interrupting their share in any way or commenting on the share after it is completed. A simple "Thank you" or a (((((((Cyber hug)))))))) are appropriate responses to another persons share.
- If you are a meeting leader or a Trusted Servant of TRG, please do not use the initials, TRG, in your address except officially.
- Any disruptions that occur during the meeting should be handled privately by the meeting leader. All meeting leaders should feel free to contact MtgAdm or Starchat if they need immediate help.
- If you arrive at a meeting without a leader and would feel comfortable leading the meeting, please take charge, follow the existing protocol and immediately after you have concluded the meeting, notify MtgAdm@TheRecoveryGroup.org that you have led a meeting and make any comments regarding the meeting that you feel necessary. Meeting Protocol is the same as a face-to-face meeting of Overeaters Anonymous.
- If you wish to share, type * and the meeting leader will recognize you and greet you for the group. When you are finished, type "done." Typing in short sentences and/or phrases makes it easier for other members to follow your share.
- When sharing, keep in mind that there are others in the meeting who would also like to share. Please keep your share reasonable in length.
- The meeting concludes with a few announcements, followed by the Serenity Prayer.
- The meeting leader will remain in the meeting room a few minutes after the meeting concludes to answer any questions that members may have.
- If you are going to be away from your keyboard, please log completely out of the meeting
- If you are being harassed or bothered by anyone, please privately notify the meeting leader so that appropriate action may be taken.
- We have special meetings for newcomers and it is encouraged that newcomers attend these meetings.
- If you regularly attend certain meetings and would like to receive weekly information, such as the Meeting Leader's newsletter, topic, announcements, etc., please email your address to your leader. If you'd like to assist the leader in any way, please also make that known to your leader of MtgAdm.
© Copyright 1995-2012 THE RECOVERY GROUP All rights reserved